Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Bears are in da house.


Hello and welcome to my new blog.
To let you know a little info about us, I have always been a Teddy Bear Collector. I have many of the furry little things all over the house, mostly artist bears and Steiff and of course a selection of vintage bears.
I started making teddy bears back in my teens. I gave it up for awhile as I attended collage. Then I met Mr. Right and he being a very creative fellow wanted to learn the trade. We have made many bears together. We have been written up in British, Canadian and American Magazines, and won several awards at different shows and conventions. Our bears live all over the world!
Our Teddy Bear days came to an end when I developed Breast Cancer. I just didn't have the ability to sew any more. (paper crafts took up my time and became my Therapy) I have a stamping blog as well.
But as we were going through the attic the other week, we came across a plethora of supplies and boom we were back in the biz.
We are booked into a show in April 2011 in Toronto, Canada.
This is where I will be sharing our creations. But so far Mike is the only one actively engaged in the task at hand, but I will soon be sewing as well. All Bears are original patterns, hand stitched, needle sculpted and hand coloured works of art.
Please check back to see new and original bears added weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment